What Police Discovered Before the Canada School Attack Changes Everything Authorities say the 18-year-old trans woman didn’t start at the school — she allegedly k*lled her mother and stepbrother first. The disturbing sequence of events is raising serious questions….Full details and video are in the comments …👇👇👇

May be an image of text

Canada School Killer, 18-Year-Old Trans Woman, First SH๏τ Mother, Step-Brother At Home

Jesse Van Rootselaar has a history of mental health illness

Show
Quick Read
Summary is AI-generated, newsroom-reviewed

Did our AI summary help?
Let us know.

Switch To Beeps Mode

Ottawa:An 18-year-old trans woman with mental health issues has been identified as the killer behind the ᴅᴇᴀᴅly shooting in British Columbia, Canada, that resulted in nine deaths. Jesse Van Rootselaar killed her mother and stepbrother before attacking her former school, police said, without offering a motive for one of the worst mᴀss slaughters in Canadian history.

The killer died by suicide after the shooting on Tuesday in Tumbler Ridge, a remote community of 2,400 people in the Pacific province of British Columbia.

About The Shooter

Rootselaar was a transgender woman who was born biologically male and dropped out of the targeted high school four years ago, news agency AFP reported, quoting Police Commander Dwayne McDonald.

The officer said the shooter had previously held a firearms licence, which had lapsed, and the weapons had previously been confiscated from her residence — but were subsequently returned.

 

 

Credit: @Breaking911 on X

Credit: @Breaking911 on X

Rootselaar also has a history of mental health illness, with police visiting her home more than once to check on her.

On more than one occasion, she was apprehended under the provincial Mental Health Act for an ᴀssessment, McDonald said. She once attended the school where the attack took place but dropped out four years ago.

“Police had attended that (family) residence on multiple occasions over the past several years, dealing with concerns of mental health with respect to our suspect,” McDonald said.

The Shooting

Nine people, including the shooter, were killed in one of the worst mᴀss shootings in Canada, while 24 others were wounded.

McDonald said that Rootselaar first killed her mother, 39, and 11-year-old stepbrother at the family home before attacking the nearby school that she attended four years ago.

Officers who entered the town’s high school found six people ᴅᴇᴀᴅ — a 39-year-old woman teacher and five students — three 12-year-old girls and two boys, aged 13 and 12. One victim was found in a stairwell, and the rest, McDonald believed, were found in the library. The suspect was not related to any of the victims at the school, he said.

“There is no information at this point that anyone was specifically targeted,” McDonald said.

The shooter, armed with a long-barrelled gun and a pistol, was found ᴅᴇᴀᴅ from “a self-inflicted gunsH๏τ wound” after the mᴀssacre, said McDonald. Police recovered a long gun and a modified handgun from the crime scene.

The killings in the family home were discovered after another family member alerted neighbours, he said.

McDonald said officers arrived at the school two minutes after the initial call. When they arrived, sH๏τs were also fired in their direction. Police, however, added that the motive of the attack remained unclear.

ᴅᴇᴀᴅliest Shooting

Reuters

Reuters

The attack was Canada’s ᴅᴇᴀᴅliest rampage since 2020, when a gunman in Nova Scotia killed 13 people and set fires that left another nine ᴅᴇᴀᴅ.

“Parents, grandparents, sisters, and brothers in Tumbler Ridge will wake up without someone they love. The nation mourns with you, and Canada stands by you,” an emotional Prime Minister Mark Carney said as he arrived in Parliament.

Carney said flags at government buildings will be flown at half-staff for seven days and added, “We will get through this.”

School shootings are rare in Canada, which has strict gun-control laws. The government has responded to previous mᴀss shootings with gun-control measures, including a recently broadened ban on all guns it considers ᴀssault weapons.

A video showed students walking out with their hands raised as police vehicles surrounded the building and a helicopter circled overhead.

Tumbler Ridge Mayor Darryl Krakowka said it was “devastating” to learn how many had died in the community, which he called a “big family”.

“I broke down,” Krakowka said. “I have lived here for 18 years. I probably know every one of the victims.”

The school district said the high school and elementary school will be closed for the rest of the week.

Carney’s office said he called off a planned trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Munich, Germany. He had been set to announce a long-awaited defence industrial strategy on Wednesday in Halifax before heading to Europe for the Munich Security Conference.

British Columbia Premier David Eby on Tuesday said he had spoken to the prime minister about the “unimaginable tragedy”.

“I know it’s causing us all to hug our kids a little bit тιԍнтer tonight,” he said. “I’m asking the people of British Columbia to look after the people of Tumbler Ridge tonight.”

Related Posts

NANCY GUTHRIE’S SON-IN-LAW MISSING FOR A WEEK WHILE A LEGAL LOOPHOLE ALLOWS POLICE TO SEARCH HIS HOME WITHOUT CONSENT — WHAT IS HE HIDING AND WHY WAS HE THE LAST TO SEE NANCY?! Tommaso Cioni, Nancy Guthrie’s son-in-law, has vanished without a trace for a week, just as a legal loophole could allow police to search his home without consent or a warrant. He was the last person to see Nancy Guthrie before she mysteriously disappeared on February 1st. Cioni and his wife, Annie (Savannah Guthrie’s sister), live just four miles from Nancy’s home in Tucson, Arizona. While Annie has been relentlessly calling for justice and pleading for help, Tommaso remains silent, raising growing suspicions. His mysterious disappearance has sparked even more questions: Is Tommaso hiding something dark? His silence only intensifies the chilling mystery. …Full details and video are in the comments …👇

Nancy Guthrie‘s son-in-law hasn’t been seen in a week, but police and the FBI are able to search his home without his consent, even without a warrant. Tommaso Cioni was…

¡ICE Detained Her Father While She Was Battling Cancer, and She Fought for His Release Until the End! Just days before 16-year-old Ofelia Torres pᴀssed away, a judge ruled her father eligible for cancellation of removal. …Full details and video are in the comments …👇

Ofelia Torres A Chicago teenager who captured national attention while fighting both stage 4 cancer and for her father’s release from immigration detention has died. Ofelia Torres pᴀssed away…

BREAKING: NOT A STRANGER! FBI Confirms ‘Black Glove’ DNA is a 100% Match to Someone Savannah Guthrie KNOWS—The Idenтιтy Has the Nation in SHOCK! …Full details and video are in the comments …👇

Nancy Guthrie latest: Search enters 3rd week as FBI says recovered glove appears to match those worn by suspect in doorbell camera video The Pima County sheriff…

Savannah Guthrie’s husband seen in public for first time since mother-in-law Nancy’s disappearance…Full details and video are in the comments …👇

Savannah Guthrie’s husband seen in public for first time since mother-in-law Nancy’s disappearance Savannah Guthrie’s husband, Michael Feldman, has been spotted for the first time since his…

FBI BOMBSHELL: A blood trail from Nancy Guthrie’s front door runs all the way to the driveway — as if she was dragged into the darkness. But here’s the part that’s sending chills nationwide: The car that took her didn’t race away. It didn’t swerve. It didn’t panic. It crept off slowly… like whoever was behind the wheel knew no one would stop them. This wasn’t chaos. This was controlled. SEE the new detail the FBI just revealed — the one that left Savannah shattered….Full details and video are in the comments …👇👇

The investigation into the disappearance of 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie, mother of NBC’s “Today” co-host Savannah Guthrie, has taken a darker turn with the release of new evidence…

“They called her a child — but she fought like a guardian.” When chaos erupted inside the library at Tumbler Ridge Secondary on February 10, 2026, 12-year-old Maya ran toward the doors, not away. Witnesses say she struggled to secure the heavy entrance as gunfire rang out, buying her classmates precious seconds to escape. After hours of emergency surgery, she remains in extremely critical condition. Her mother, Cia Edmonds, is pleading for a miracle — as one haunting detail found in Maya’s hand raises even more questions. …Full details and video are in the comments …👇👇

Twelve-year-old Maya Edmonds clings to life in a Vancouver hospital bed, her small body hooked to machines that beep relentlessly, fighting the invisible war raging inside her…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *