“A NATION IN SHOCK.” Canada is reeling tonight as authorities confirm the idenтιтy of the 18-year-old suspect accused in a ᴅᴇᴀᴅly school rampage that left eight people ᴅᴇᴀᴅ. As investigators piece together what happened, a disturbing image now circulating online — allegedly showing the accused holding a rifle before the attack — has intensified public outrage and heartbreak. Officials have acknowledged the image as part of the broader investigation but are urging the public not to jump to conclusions while the legal process unfolds. Behind the scenes, law enforcement is working to reconstruct every minute of the timeline — examining digital footprints, prior communications, and possible warning signs. Multiple murder charges have been laid, but the motive remains under intense scrutiny. Vigils are already lighting up the night across the region. Families are grieving. Students are traumatized. A country is demanding answers. How did this happen inside a place meant to be safe? Were there signs that were missed? And what will accountability look like in the weeks ahead? As the investigation deepens, the focus remains on honoring the lives lost — and understanding how such violence shattered a community without warning….Full details and video are in the comments …👇👇👇

May be an image of hospital and text that says 'Aspen'

Transgender killer, 18, behind ᴅᴇᴀᴅly Canada school rampage that left eight ᴅᴇᴀᴅ is seen gripping rifle in disturbing image

The transgender gunman who murdered his mother and brother before killing six people in the second-ᴅᴇᴀᴅliest school shooting in Canadian history is seen happily gripping a rifle in a disturbing pH๏τo.

Jesse Van Rootselaar, 18, opened fire in the library at Tumbler Ridge Secondary School in British Columbia on Tuesday afternoon.

A female teacher was killed, alongside three girls and two boys aged between 13 and 17.

The shooter took his own life at the school. He killed his mother, Jennifer, and brother, Emmett, at their home beforehand, CTV News reported.

PH๏τos show the teen looking somber at a birthday celebration and eating a meal with family – but then happily holding up a rifle.

Van Rootselaar was understood to have used his mother’s name, Strang, socially and at school. He was named by Royal Canadian Mounted Police on Wednesday and described as a woman.

The RCMP explained that Jesse began identifying as female six years ago, aged 12, and said there had been multiple call-outs to his home related to his mental health over the years.

Van Rootselaar, who stopped attending school four years ago at the age of 14, even had to be ‘apprehended for ᴀssessment’ under the country’s mental health act at one point.

Jesse Van Rootselaar, 18, was pictured happily gripping a rifle

Jesse Van Rootselaar, 18, was pictured happily gripping a rifle

The teenager opened fire in the library at Tumbler Ridge Secondary School in British Columbia on Tuesday afternoon

The teenager opened fire in the library at Tumbler Ridge Secondary School in British Columbia on Tuesday afternoon

The 18-year-old murdered his mother and brother before killing eight people in the second-ᴅᴇᴀᴅliest school shooting in Canadian history

The 18-year-old murdered his mother and brother before killing eight people in the second-ᴅᴇᴀᴅliest school shooting in Canadian history

‘Police have attended that residence in the past, approximately a couple of years ago, where firearms were seized under the Criminal Code,’ said Dwayne McDonald, Deputy Commissioner of British Columbia RCMP.

‘I can say that at a later point in time, the lawful owner of those firearms peтιтioned for those firearms to be returned, and they were.’

Jennifer did not have a valid license for firearms at the time of her death.

Sources told the Daily Mail that Van Rootselaar lived at the home with three relatives.

Those who knew Van Rootselaar said the gunman was a ‘quiet kid’ who was often seen ‘sitting by himself in the corner’.

Liam Irving said Van Rootselaar’s mother and younger brother were well known in the Tumbler Ridge community and were ‘good friends’ of his family.

‘There’s not one person in this town right now that’s not affected by this,’ he told the Western Standard.

A parent whose son attends the school also said his child knew the alleged shooter and played sports with Van Rootselaar’s sister.

His son was at the academic insтιтution on Tuesday when Van Rootselaar carried out the ᴅᴇᴀᴅly mᴀssacre. He is now ‘afraid to go back to school’, his father added.

Children were led out of the school after the shooting as authorities attended the scene

Children were led out of the school after the shooting as authorities attended the scene

A total of 25 people were injured in the mᴀssacre on Tuesday.

Maya Gebala, 12, was sH๏τ in the neck and head and is not expected to survive the night. She is the only injured victim named so far.

The girl’s family has said she was hit by shrapnel during the shooting but it was unknown how she was hit and how much damage was done.

‘We were warned that the damage to her brain was too much for her to endure, and she wouldn’t make the night,’ Maya’s mother Cia Edmonds said on Wednesday afternoon.

‘I can feel her in my heart. I can feel her saying its going to be OK… she’s here… for how long we don’t know.

‘Our baby needs a miracle.’

Edmonds said she also grieved for the six families whose children were killed at the school, and those trying to come to terms with the shooting.

‘It was just a normal day. Our community is shattered,’ she said.

‘My heart bleeds for everyone who is trying to process this horrific string of events. Far too many are grieving already.’

Maya Gebala was one of 25 people injured in the shooting. She was sH๏τ in the head and neck and is receiving urgent medical treatment at a hospital in Vancouver

Maya Gebala was one of 25 people injured in the shooting. She was sH๏τ in the head and neck and is receiving urgent medical treatment at a hospital in Vancouver

Maya's mother Cia Edmonds shared this pH๏τo from hospital as she prayed for a miracle after doctors told her the little girl wouldn't last the night

Maya’s mother Cia Edmonds shared this pH๏τo from hospital as she prayed for a miracle after doctors told her the little girl wouldn’t last the night

An emergency alert was issued to Tumbler Ridge residents around 1.20pm local time Tuesday, warning of an active shooter in the area.

An urgent lockdown alarm sounded in the hallways shortly after 1.30pm, instructing students and staff to barricade the doors.

Darian Quist, a senior at the school, told CBC he was in his mechanics class when the lockdown began.

‘For a while, I didn’t think anything was going on,’ he said. ‘I thought it was just like maybe a “Secure and hold” but once everything starts circulating, we kind of realized something was wrong.’

Quist said he and his classmates were then left to hide in fear for their lives for over two hours, which was only broken when cops eventually escorted them out of the classroom.

He described the atmosphere in the classroom ‘very nervous’, which was made worse when he saw gruesome evidence of the carnage at his school sent to his cell phone.

‘Once people sent me some pH๏τos, it definitely set in what was actually happening,’ the student said.

‘They [the pH๏τos] were disturbing, just showing blood and things like that. That’s when it all really set in.’

The student said their teacher quickly organized students by making them move tables against doors and create an escape plan.

He said they then waited anxiously until ‘police came through the door, yelling, “Hands up, hands up”.’

Students outside Tumbler Ridge Secondary School after Van Rootselaar opened fire

Students outside Tumbler Ridge Secondary School after Van Rootselaar opened fire

The secondary school, which enrolls 175 students, and its elementary school, will be closed for the rest of the week.

Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney said in a social media post that he was devastated by the shooting.

‘I join Canadians in grieving with those whose lives have been changed irreversibly today, and in graтιтude for the courage and selflessness of the first responders who risked their lives to protect their fellow citizens,’ he wrote.

Carney’s office said he is suspending a planned trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia and Munich, Germany. He was set to announce a long-awaited defense industrial strategy in Halifax on Wednesday before heading to Europe for the Munich Security Conference.

David Eby, the province’s premier, told reporters he had spoken to Carney after what he called the ‘unimaginable tragedy’.

‘I know it’s causing us all to hug our kids a little bit тιԍнтer tonight,’ he said. ‘I’m asking the people of British Columbia to look after the people of Tumbler Ridge tonight.’

Related Posts

Inside Darlie Routier’s Prison Life — Why Some Say Texas Death Row Is Worse Than Death Itself 🔍❗…Full details and video are in the comments …👇

Darlie Rautier, convicted of murdering her sons in 1996, has spent nearly 30 years on Texas death row in conditions worse than death itself. As 2024 DNA…

“I Never Thought I’d Be Begging the World Like This… Please Pray for My Little Girl.” After the shooting in Tumbler Ridge, 12-year-old Maya Gebala is now fighting for her life. Doctors warned her family the night ahead would be critical. From a hospital room filled with fear and fragile hope, her mother is pleading for a miracle….Full details and video are in the comments …👇

In the sterile glow of a Vancouver intensive care unit, Cia Edmonds sits vigil by the bedside of her 12-year-old daughter Maya Gebala, stroking her small hand…

BREAKING: EVERYTHING JUST CHANGED. Police have now seized and searched Annie Guthrie’s car, following the arrest of the masked intruder who broke into Nancy Guthrie’s home — a move sources say has dramatically widened the scope of the case. The suspect’s statements reportedly prompted renewed scrutiny, pushing investigators to look closer than ever. Inside the vehicle, officers are said to have found a receipt listing medications, medical supplies and bandages — a discovery that has sparked deeply unsettling questions. As detectives race to reconstruct a timeline, the case threatens to rewrite everything we thought we knew. For the Guthrie family, the search for answers has entered its most disturbing phase yet….Full details and video are in the comments …👇

A chilling new chapter has unfolded in the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie, after police seized and forensically examined a luxury vehicle linked to her daughter, Annie Guthrie…

DNA CONFIRMED: The forensic team has released the DNA results from the black glove, which MATCHES a member of Savannah Guthrie’s family, namely……Full details and video are in the comments …👇

DNA CONFIRMED: Forensic Results From Black Glove Reveal Startling Connection Investigators have confirmed a major breakthrough in the ongoing case surrounding the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie, after…

Why Sheriff Chris Nanos ruled out theory Nancy Guthrie’s abduction was burglary gone bad — And What That Means for the Direction of the Entire Investigation 🚨 In a revealing update, the sheriff explained why the “burglary” angle no longer fits the facts. Certain items were untouched, certain patterns didn’t match. Now the focus has shifted — and the new theory is raising even more unsettling questions… …Full details and video are in the comments …👇

Why Sheriff Chris Nanos ruled out theory Nancy Guthrie’s abduction was burglary gone bad Investigators have ruled out the theory that Nancy Guthrie’s abduction was a burglary…

UNPRECEDENTED: Reward in Nancy Guthrie Case Skyrockets to STAGGERING Amount — Officials Call It “Historic” 💰🔍 For the first time in state history, the reward fund tied to Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance has surged to a jaw-dropping figure, signaling just how desperate and urgent this case has become. Sources say private donors and national partners quietly pushed the total higher overnight — and the new number is turning heads across the country. But what does this dramatic increase reveal about what investigators now suspect? 👀…Full details and video are in the comments …👇

FBI releases first description of Nancy Guthrie’s kidnapping suspect as reward hits $100K The FBI has revealed new details about the suspect in Nancy Guthrie’s kidnapping, and…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *