The mother-in-law of the man arrested during the search for Nancy Guthrie has spoken out, revealing THE WHOLE TRUTH — the person who hired her son was actually A WOMAN, and it was all A PLOT that caused millions of people to misunderstand the case…….Full details and video are in the comments …👇👇👇

May be an image of slow loris and xray

The mother-in-law of a man detained by police in Arizona overnight in connection with the Nancy Guthrie case said Tuesday night that her family had nothing to do with the missing woman.

The woman, who identified herself as Josefina when speaking to NewsNation, said her son-in-law was in her home in Rio Rico when police detained him.

“When we got home, we found out that they took my son out. They went inside, they bust the doors from my house, they went inside and took my son to the living room and had him handcuffed,” she said, adding that she asked if officers had a search warrant, which they said they did not need.

“I saw it on Facebook, but since I don’t know her, I didn’t read what was going on,” she said of Guthrie.

The man was later released, telling reporters Wednesday morning that he was terrified by the ordeal.

Why It Matters

The detention on Tuesday was the latest twist in a missing persons case that has seemingly stumped investigators and drawn attention from across the country—largely because Guthrie’s daughter, Savannah, is one of the nation’s most-watched morning TV hosts on NBC’s Today. Eleven days into the case, authorities have seemingly had few leads on who or how the 84-year-old was abducted.

<ʙuттon class="Caption_ʙuттon__CXVWy" type="ʙuттon">Read More | AP PH๏τo/Ty ONeil

What To Know

Speaking to reporter Brian Entin on Tuesday night, Josefina said law enforcement took her phone, along with devices belonging to her husband, daughter, and grandchildren.

She explained that her son-in-law works in Tucson, where Guthrie is from, delivering packages, and that she had told law enforcement they could speak to his employer if needed.

Entin then showed her pH๏τos from Guthrie’s doorbell camera, showing a man in a balaclava, which had been released by the FBI, and asked her if they looked anything like her son-in-law, which she denied.

“No, that’s not him,” she said. “Nope, I can ᴀssure you, it’s not him.”

Authorities were back near Guthrie’s neighborhood on Tuesday, using vehicles to block her driveway. A few miles away, law enforcement was going door-to-door in the area where daughter Annie Guthrie lives, talking with neighbors and walking through a drainage area, then examining the inside of a culvert with a flashlight.

For over a week, investigators have said they believe Guthrie was taken against her will and was last seen at her home on January 31.

What People Are Saying

FBI Director Kash Patel said on Fox News on Tuesday night: “I will say, we have made substantial progress in the last 36, 48 hours thanks to the technical capabilities of the FBI and our partnerships. And I do believe we are looking at people who, as we say, are persons of interest. But as you know with any investigation, you are a person of interest until you are either eliminated or you’re actually found to be the culprit or culprits involved and that’s the safe we’re at right now.”

Savannah Guthrie posted on Instagram, alongside images of the apparent kidnapper, on Tuesday: “We believe she is still alive. Bring her home.”

What Happens Next

The FBI has offered a $5,000 reward for information. The search for Guthrie continued Wednesday morning.

This article contains reporting by The ᴀssociated Press.

Correction 2/11/26, 10:57 a.m. ET: This article’s headline was updated to state that she is the man’s mother-in-law, not mother. The article was also updated to correct the spelling of the woman’s name. It is Josefina, not Josephina.

 

In a polarized era, the center is dismissed as bland. At Newsweek, ours is different: The Courageous Center—it’s not “both sides,” it’s sharp, challenging and alive with ideas. We follow facts, not factions. If that sounds like the kind of journalism you want to see thrive, we need you.

When you become a Newsweek Member, you support a mission to keep the center strong and vibrant. Members enjoy: Ad-free browsing, exclusive content and editor conversations. Help keep the center courageous. Join today.

Related Posts

UNPRECEDENTED: Reward in Nancy Guthrie Case Skyrockets to STAGGERING Amount — Officials Call It “Historic” 💰🔍 For the first time in state history, the reward fund tied to Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance has surged to a jaw-dropping figure, signaling just how desperate and urgent this case has become. Sources say private donors and national partners quietly pushed the total higher overnight — and the new number is turning heads across the country. But what does this dramatic increase reveal about what investigators now suspect? 👀…Full details and video are in the comments …👇

FBI releases first description of Nancy Guthrie’s kidnapping suspect as reward hits $100K The FBI has revealed new details about the suspect in Nancy Guthrie’s kidnapping, and…

Gus was only six, but his courage outshone every shadow. Even as Stage 4 cancer tested his tiny body, he met it not with fear — but with faith, laughter, and the imagination of a true warrior.

Gus was only six, but his courage outshone every shadow. Even as Stage 4 cancer tested his tiny body, he met it not with fear — but…

HIS FINAL ACT WAS FOR THEM 💔 Before his pᴀssing from cancer, Dawson’s Creek star James Van Der Beek made one last, deeply personal gesture for his family. Friends say it wasn’t about fame or legacy — it was about making sure his loved ones were protected and remembered. 👇 The final act that’s leaving fans emotional …Full details and video are in the comments …👇

Dawson’s Creek star James Van Der Beek bought $6.7m Texas ranch before death as GoFundMe for family raises millions The 48-year-old leaves behind his wife and six…

The heroic 12-year-old shooting victim Maya Gebala gently moves her tiny finger in a deep coma — but what leaves everyone stunned are the four words she keeps whispering on the edge of life and death. Doctors say it could simply be a reflex… but her family believes Maya is trying to say something. The four heartbreaking words she continues to whisper will shatter your heart….Full details and video are in the comments …👇

In the aftermath of one of Canada’s most devastating school shootings at Tumbler Ridge Secondary School, where an 18-year-old suspect took multiple lives before turning the gun…

JUST REVEALED: The last terrifying seconds involving 12-year-old Maya Gebala in the Tumbler Ridge Secondary library have emerged from security video — footage that’s already leaving viewers shaken….Full details and video are in the comments …👇

A 12-year-old caught in the shooting at Tumbler Ridge Secondary School has been left fighting for her life after being sH๏τ while trying to protect her classmates. Maya Gebala is…

NANCY GUTHRIE’S SON-IN-LAW MISSING FOR A WEEK WHILE A LEGAL LOOPHOLE ALLOWS POLICE TO SEARCH HIS HOME WITHOUT CONSENT — WHAT IS HE HIDING AND WHY WAS HE THE LAST TO SEE NANCY?! Tommaso Cioni, Nancy Guthrie’s son-in-law, has vanished without a trace for a week, just as a legal loophole could allow police to search his home without consent or a warrant. He was the last person to see Nancy Guthrie before she mysteriously disappeared on February 1st. Cioni and his wife, Annie (Savannah Guthrie’s sister), live just four miles from Nancy’s home in Tucson, Arizona. While Annie has been relentlessly calling for justice and pleading for help, Tommaso remains silent, raising growing suspicions. His mysterious disappearance has sparked even more questions: Is Tommaso hiding something dark? His silence only intensifies the chilling mystery. …Full details and video are in the comments …👇

Nancy Guthrie‘s son-in-law hasn’t been seen in a week, but police and the FBI are able to search his home without his consent, even without a warrant. Tommaso Cioni was…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *